2016. Vol.19. No. 2, pp. 5-11
Fluorescent Penetrant Testing: Modern Technologies and Equipment
By the example of some semi-automatic and multipurpose liquid penetrant testing lines implemented at Russian enterprises the article overviews new domestic and foreign materials and technological approaches, taking into account the updates of foreign and domestic regulatory documents. The elements of automation processes are described and the factors affecting the quality of testing are analyzed.
It is shown that the role of the human factor is still quite high despite of the increasing automation level of the testing processes.
Keywords: penetrant, developer, emulsifier, electrostatic deposition, liquid penetrant testing consumables
- ASTM-E1417. Standard Practice for Liquid Penetrant Testing. — ASTM Int., 2013. — 11 p.
- AMS-2644. Inspection Material, Penetrant. — SAE Int., 2013. — 28 p.
- ASTM E165-95. Standard Test Method for Liquid Penetrant Examination. — ASTM Int., 1995. — 20 p.
- ASTM E1209-99. Standard Test Method for Fluorescent Liquid Penetrant Examination Using the Water-Washable Process. — ASTM Int., 1999. — 6 p.
- EN ISO 3452-2:2013. Non-destructive testing — Penetrant testing — Part 2: Testing of penetrant materials. — 24 p.
- BS EN ISO 3452-1:2013. Non-destructive testing. Penetrant testing. General principles. — BCI, 2013. — 34 p.