2016. Vol.19. No. 4, pp. 53–56
Field Topography of Defects in Magnetic Non-Destructive Testing
The normal component of the magnetic field strength provides a sufficiently accurate determination of the fault location, where this component becomes zero between the two extreme values located quite close to each other.
The results of the study showed that at distances available to Hall transducers one can confine to the experimental research, whereas computational methods shall be used to study the topography of field defects at very small distances from the surface. This could open the prospects for testing at small distances from the surface of the object.
Keywords: flux density, magnetic-field strength, magnetic-field topography.
- Defektoskop stalnykh kanatov INTROS [Steel-wire rope flaw detector INTROS]. Moscow, Intron+, p.16, (in Russ.). Available http://www.intron.ru/static/photos/INTROS/Intron_buklet_2014-5_prew.pdf.
- Magnitnyy defektoskop INTROKOR M-150T [ Magnetic tester INTROKOR M-150T] Moscow, Intron+, p.16, (in Russ.). Available http://www.intron.ru/static/photos/INTROCOR/INTROKOR_%D0%A2.pdf
- Pashagin A.I., Benklevskaya N.P. Nonuniform magnetization of an article around a flaw during magnetic inspection. Russian J. Nondestructive Testing. 2007, no.5, pp. 310-315.
- Slesarev L.A., Barat V.A., Chobanu P.M. A decrease in the error of the statistical method for estimating the parameters of flaws in magnetic flaw detection. Russian J. Nondestructive Testing. 2012, no.1, pp. 55-58.
- Pashagin A.I., Shcherbinin V.E. Indication of magnetic fields with the use of galvanic currents in magnetic-powder nondestructive testing. Russian J. Nondestructive Testing. 2012, no.9, pp. 528-531.
- Putnikov Yu.G. Magnitnyy skaner-defektoskop novogo pokoleniya [New generation magnetic scanner – flaw detector]. Conference “Gas transmission companies working results forJSC Gazprom cross-country gas and gas condensate pipeline”. Minsk, 2015 (in Russ.).
- Mamaev A.V., Meleshko N.V., Pokrovskiy A.D. at al. Matrichnyy magnitnyy preobrazovatel v defektoskopii [Magnetic array sensor for NDT]. Matereialy XVII rossiyskoy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii “nerazrudhayushchiy control i diagnostika” [XVII Russian scientific and technological conference “Nondestructive testing and diagnostics”]. Ekaterinnurg, UrO RAN. 2005 (in Russ.).