2015. Vol.18. No. 3, pp. 7-10
About MFL Technology Application for Ship Plating Corrosion Damages Detection
Method. Physical and mathematical models of transducers were developed; the finite-element method was used for formulating the optimization criteria.
Results. Dependences have been obtained that link tested thicknesses range and measurement error with magnetic system geometry and magnetization modes. The influence of nuisance parameters has also been studied.
Conclusion. A set of measuring transducers for entire ship plating residual thickness measurements as well as techniques for adjustment and testing for pitting and planar corrosion detection have been developed as a result of this work.
Keywords: magnetic inspection, MFL, corrosion, ship plating, ship-repairing
1. Nerazrushayushchiy kontrol. Spravochnik v 7 t. pod red. V. V. Klyueva. T. 6, kn. 1: Magnitnye metody kontrolya [Nondestructive Testing. Handbook in 7 volumes edited by prof. V. V. Klyuev. V. 6, book 1: Magnetic methods of testing]. Moscow, Mashinostroenie, 2004, 375 p. (in Russ.).
2. Slesarev D. A., Abakumov A. A. Russian J. Nondestructive Testing. 2013, no.9, pp. 493-498.
3. Vishnyakov S. V., Gordyukhina N. M., Fedorova E. M. Raschet elektromagnitnykh poley s pomoshchyu programmnogo kompleksa ANSYS [Electromagnetic fields calculation with ANSYS software]. Moscow, MEI (TU), 2003 (in Russ.). Available at: http://www.twirpx.com/file/292255/
4. Andreeva E. G., Shamets S. P., Kolmogorov D. V. Raschet statsionarnykh magnitnykh poley i kharakteristik elektrotekhnicheskikh ustroystv s pomoshchyu programmnogo paketa ANSYS [Calculation of stationary magnetic fields and characteristics of electrical devices with ANSYS software]. Omsk, Omsk State Tech. Univ., 2005 (in Russ.). Available at: http://www.ogbus.ru/authors/Andreeva/Andreeva_1.pdf
5. Potapov A. I., Syasko V. A. Nerazrushayushchie metody i sredstva kontrolya tolshchiny pokrytiy i izdeliy [Nondestructive methods and means for thickness monitoring of coatings and products]. St. Petersburg, Gumanistika, 2009, 904 p. (in Russ.).
6. Stanley R. Basic Principles of Magnetic Leakage Inspection Systems for the Evaluation of Oil Country Tubular Goods. In: Electromagnetic Methods of Nondestructive Testing. NY: Gordon and Breach, 1985, pp. 97–150.
7. Stenley R. Magnetic Leakage Field Measurements. In: Magnetic Testing. Vol. 8. Columbus, OH: ASNT, 2008, p. 139–156.
8. ASTM E 570-97. Standard Practice for Flux Leakage Examination of Ferromagnetic Steel Tubular Products.