2015. Vol.18. No. 3, pp. 21-24
Demagnetization Experience in Shipbuilding. Application to Different Industries
Analysis of demagnetization methods of offshore facilities in shipbuilding, proven experimentally, gives examples of their effective use in other areas of technology.
The article gives in general terms a theoretical basis of demagnetization and highlights the need to achieve a stable demagnetized state for large-scale structures.
Taking into account the demagnetization experience in shipbuilding, the authors offer a simplified version of a stationary stand designed to reduce a level of products’ residual magnetization. It is shown that the use of demagnetization in various fields of technology has the prospect of improving the quality and efficiency of industrial equipment.
Keywords: residual magnetization, demagnetized state, nondestructive testing, welding, industrial equipment quality
- Vonsovskiy S. V., Shur Ya. S. Ferromagnetizm [Ferromagnetics]. Moscow – Leningrad, GITTL Publ., 1948, 816 p. (in Russ.).
- Bogachyova N. D. Primenenie razmagnichivaniya v tekhnike [Demagnetization in Technology]. TsNII im. akad. A.N. Krylova, St. Petersburg, 2010, 264 p. (in Russ.).
- Neel L. Some theoretical aspects of rock-magnetism. Adv. in Phys., 1955, v. 4, no. 14, pp. 191-243 (in Russ.).
- Morozov V. D., Bogachyova N. D., Karasev A. S., Kostenko K. V. Morskaya radioelektronika [Nautical radio electronics]. St. Petersburg, Sudostroenie Publ., 2007, no. 1(19), pp. 42–44 (in Russ.).
- Bogachyova N. D., Mendelson O. E. Elektrotekhnika [Electrical Engineering], 1987, no. 7, pp. 11–13 (in Russ.).